Saturday, April 18, 2009

little thoughts

what i love the most about my friends,
steve and molly
is that they say the most honest, heartfelt things.

it doesn't really matter who is listening.
if there is a little thought,
they will share it.

classrooms, bedrooms, kitchens
strangers, best friends, family
wall posts, post cards, cell phone

i think steve genett said:
"There's only one Easter, anyway."
and i thought too:

there's only one real holiday.
the time the occasion happened.
we may construct yearz to mark the time,
but it's really just dayz

filled with memories, or
repeaters we recall
and renew
at our own convenience.

(lalala)


I guess that isn't the whole picture. Memories come and go as they please like little ghost winds.
What's haunting me on your birthday(as if it exists)?
little thoughts.
if only i could share them i wouldn't feel so empty. what a paradox. i'm filled with them, but not sharing makes me feel empty, sham, and broken.
i envy you friends.
for being able to lalala with such sincerity and security.

p.s.
molly sings and songs here now.
:]

5 comments:

Tess said...

wow, those songs are beautiful. i wish i had myspace to tell them. i love them! and you! happy spring!

wimp said...

thanks tess. :]
they are playing with the apples in stereo on May 2nd or 3rd if you can make your way up to Geneseo. i just got back from there last night and the weather and people were so beautiful. happy spring!

Molly said...

Thanks Tess. We worked really hard on them. It is great to hear such positive feedback. I'm Molly Friggin K***er, lozerz, respect that!

Winston, thank you for saying such wonderful things about Steve and I. I'm Molly Friggin K***er, and it's always great to hear good things about me.

I hate learning! I love planting pavement and growing shopping malls. Theory is stupid. I hate baby chicks. I'm molly k***er. The apples in stereo should be opening for US. My favorite food is boogers and Burger King. B+ exists.

On an unrelated note, Steve loves you and thinks you said the nicest things in the entire world, but is more modest than me. I'm Molly Friggin K***er!

Phunk said...

i dig the new pic!

becky said...

i love this post!