Wednesday, June 22, 2011

an ironic, but not hipster ironic, moment



There was a book sale/give-away at Oxford University Press today. I picked up a couple of titles for my self and for some friends. On my way out the doorman (one of few people of color in the building) asked to take a look at the books I picked out. He commented on the first title India Unbound: You're interested in India? I replied by explaining that I was more interested in History and Post-Colonialism so I usually enjoy anything that looks at empire...and the person I am seeing is Indian so I got her a copy as well.

"Post-colonialism." he said, with a wink.


Other titles I got for for free included:
Blue Nude, Elizabeth Rosner
Home Girls: A Black Feminist Anthology, edited by Barbara Smith
The Alternative Medicine Handbook
Critical White Studies, edited by Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic
Gender Violence, edited by O'Toole and Schiffman

No comments: