Monday, May 24, 2010

who could win a rabbit


Hungry bread-and-butter hustle
You've been doing it a while, it is only fair
Where's your relaxation?
Where's the time required for your health
Been hating on my new perspective
Been hurrying along, no meal is ever done
You could win a rabbit


The love of money is a destructive life force.
Someone asked me to spare a cigarette as I struggled to light my own.
In a fraction of a second my anger went up.
I don't know why I got annoyed so instinctively.

After a moment's reflection,
I gave him a cigarette with an open heart.
He gave me light,
we both got what we wanted.

A couple of yards away from the altercation
I came across a rabbit feeding freely in a rock garden
It had no currency to exchange
only love and gratitude.

you can win a rabit (or)
as amy rose would say: <3/$
love over money





No comments: